J

"Station 43"

English Heritage, Audley end house WW2 "Soldiers & Spies weekend Aug 2016


Audley End House in Essex - or Station 43 as it was known during the Second World War - was used as the principal training school for Soe's Polish Section between 1942 and 1944. Polish agents at Audley End undertook a series of arduous training courses in all aspects of guerrilla warfare before being parachuted into occupied Europe.